I.K. HOFMANN USA, Inc.
Effective: 4/15/19 Updated: 4/26/2021
I.K. Hofmann USA, Inc. (“Company,” “us,” or “we”) is committed to protecting the privacy of certain data that is collected from you and that you submit when you access this website (the “Site”). The nature of our business requires that we gather and maintain data that is of a personal nature (“Personal Data”) that you wish to keep protected.
This Site is designed for and targets individuals located in the U.S. only. As such, it is governed and operated in accordance with applicable U.S. laws. We make no representation that this Site is operated in accordance with the laws or regulations of, or governed by, other nations. If you are located outside of the U.S. you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local and national laws. Any information, including personal, that you provide or we collect through this Site will be collected in the U.S. and or transferred to the U.S. and subject to U.S. law.
Changes to this Policy.
We reserve the right to change this Policy at any time. In the event we make material change(s) to the Policy, we will provide notice through the Site. Changes will be effective immediately upon posting to the Site and will apply to your use of the Site after the “effective date” listed above. You understand and agree that your continued use of the Site after the effective date, means that the collection, use, and sharing of your Personal Information is subject to the updated Policy. Except to the extent we obtain your consent or as permitted or required by applicable law, we will handle your Personal Information collected through the Site in accordance with the terms of the Policy in effect at the time of such collection.
Information We Collect. We may collect information from a variety of sources to operate the Site, carry out our business, comply with law and other purposes described herein.
• Personal Information You Provide. We may collect Personal Information from you in the following instances:
o When you contact us, create a profile, or request information. To do so, you may provide the following:
- Your name
- Email Address
- Phone number
o When you join our talent network, apply for a job or upload documents including resumes. If you upload documents (e.g. your CV or resume) or complete forms on the Site (application for employment), we may collect the Personal Information contained in those documents/forms.
You do not have to provide the above Personal Information to access or use the other sections of the Site.
• Personal Information from Third Parties. We may collect Personal Information about you from third parties such as through your social media services consistent with your settings on such services, and from other third-party sources that are lawfully entitled to share your data with us. We use and share this Personal Information (and may add it to the other information we have on file for you) for the purposes described in this Policy.
• Statistical Data.
To monitor utilization of the Site and continuously improve its quality, we may compile statistical information concerning the usage of the Site using analytics services, such as those provide by Google Analytics. Examples of this information would include: the number of visitors to the Site, or to sections or pages within the Site, patterns of traffic flowing through the Site, length of time spent on the Site, or in sections or pages of the Site, the other sites that refer visitors to the Site, the pages of the Site that visitors frequently use as entry and exit points, utilization of the browser and operating systems and versions used by visitors to the Site. The analytics services may transfer this information to third parties in case of a legal obligation or if a third party processes data on behalf of that service. To compile this information, we may collect and store:
- Your IP address
- Your operating system version
- Your browser version
- The pages you visit within the Site
- The length of time you spend on pages within the Site
- The site from which you linked to ours
- Search terms you used in search engines which resulted in you linking to the Site, etc.
While all of this information can be associated with the IP address your computer had while you visited the Site, it will not be associated with you as an individual, or associated with any other Personal Information you may submit through the Site, or that we may store about you for any other purposes.
• Cookies and Similar Technology.
A session cookie expires immediately when you end your session (i.e., close your browser). A persistent cookie stores information on the hard drive so when you end your session and return to the same web site at a later date the cookie information is still available. You may control cookies, including preventing or stopping the installation and storage of cookies, through your browser settings and other tools. If you do so, our Site may not function correctly. Please refer to the Help feature of your browser for information on disabling cookies.
IMPORTANT: By using the Site, you consent to the processing of any Personal Information for the analytics purposes and functions described above.
How We Use Your Personal Information.
In general, we will use the Personal Information we collect about you only for the purpose it was collected, for compatible purposes, as permitted or required by law, as necessary to carry out our contractual duties and obligations, and as otherwise provided in this Policy. For example, we may use your information:
- To respond to your requests for information relating to our services, staffing and HR solutions, or employment opportunities.
- To communicate with you. We will send you messages about the availability of our Site, security, or other service-related issues. You may change your communication preferences at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be aware that you cannot opt-out of receiving service messages from us, including security and legal notices.
- Manage your PROFILE.
- In connection with your employment or prospective employment. If you submit Personal Information through the Site in connection with an application for employment or as part of the onboarding process, we will use that data in connection with the employment or prospective employment relationship, including conducting background checks and drug testing, where permitted by applicable law.
- For our research and development efforts. We use data, including public feedback, to conduct research and for the development of the Site and the services and products we provide to you.
- For other everyday business purposes. By way of example, payment processing and financial account management, product development, contract management, IT and website administration, fulfillment, analytics, fraud prevention, corporate governance, reporting and legal compliance.
- To provide you with the services or information you have or requested. This might include establishing an on-line profile.
- To market our services that we think may be of interest to you. For example, to send you newsletters and promotions using any communications preferences you have expressed.
- To ensure your Personal Information is accurate and to personalize our services. For example, we may aggregate your Personal Information with data from third-party sources for purposes of keeping information up to date. We also rely on information from third parties in order to provide better, more personalized service. If you connect your social media services or other accounts to our services, we may use this information to make your experiences with us more personal and social, or share and use it as described elsewhere in this Policy.
How We Share Your Information.
In general, we will not disclose your Personal Information collected through the Site except with your consent and or as described in this Policy. We may disclose your data for the same reasons that we may use it as described in this Policy, which includes disclosing it to our affiliates and non-affiliated entities, as we deem necessary to carry out those purposes.
- Third Party Vendors. We may need to use or disclose this Personal Information with our third party vendors:
- With your consent or as you direct;
- To manage the Site;
- To provide you with services or offers;
- To enhance our services by, among other methods, obtaining assistance with providing more personalized services to you through analytics and other technologies;
- To protect our interests and legal rights, such as through responding to subpoenas and defending litigation;
- To protect against and prevent fraud, illegal activity (such as identifying and responding to incidents of hacking or misuse of our websites and mobile applications), and claims and other liabilities; and
- To review and process applications for employment, including conducting background checks and drug testing, where permitted by applicable law.
- To communicate with you or provide you with information regarding your employment (e.g. benefits)
We endeavor to choose affiliates and non-affiliates with similar standards to ours regarding the protection of data.
• Our Customers. We may share or disclose your Personal Information with companies that have engaged I.K. Hofmann U.S.A. to recruit potential job applicants. We may need to share or disclose this Personal Information to U.S. Customs to conduct a background check so that you can receive an airport badge as part of your employment.
• Legal Process, Security, Defense, Protection. It is possible that we will need to disclose Personal Information about you if required by law, subpoena, or other legal process. Additionally, we may disclose Personal Information about you if we have a good faith belief that disclosure is reasonably necessary to:
- demonstrate our relationship with you;
- investigate, prevent, or take action regarding suspected or actual illegal activities or to assist law enforcement agencies;
- protect the security or integrity of the Site;
- investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party allegations or claims; or
- protect the rights and safety of others.
• Change in Control or Sale. We may share, sell, assign, or license your Personal Information in connection with certain business transactions, such as a sale, acquisitions, merger, or change in control, or in preparation for any of these events. In such cases, we will take appropriate steps under the circumstances and to the extent possible to ensure that the recipient agrees to provide privacy protections substantially similar to those established by this Policy. Any entity that acquires all or substantially all of the Company’s assets will have the right to continue using your data consistent with this Policy or as otherwise agreed to by you.
Social Media Plugins.
This Site uses social media plugins (e.g. Facebook and Twitter) to enable you to easily share information with others. When you visit our Site, the operator of the social plugin can place a cookie on your computer, enabling that operator to recognize individuals who have previously visited our Site. If you are logged into the social media website (e.g. Facebook, Twitter) while browsing our Site, the social plugins allow that social media website to share data about your activities on our Site with other users of their social media website. For example, Facebook Social Plugins allow Facebook to show your Likes and comments on our pages to your Facebook friends. Facebook Social Plugins also allow you to see your friends’ Facebook activity on our website. We do not control any of the content form the social media plugins. For more information about social plugins from other media websites you should refer to those sites’ privacy and data/information sharing statements/policies.
Safeguarding of Personal Information.
No system for safeguarding personal or other data is 100% secure and even though we have taken steps to protect your Personal Information from being intercepted, accessed, used or disclosed by unauthorized persons, we cannot fully eliminate security risks associated with Personal Information. However, we take a number of steps to safeguard the security of Personal Information obtained through the Site
Do Not Track.
“Do Not Track” is a privacy preference that you can set in your Internet search browser that sends a signal to a website that you do not want the website operator to track certain browsing information about you. Our Site is not configured to detect and respond to Do Not Track signals from a user’s computer.
Links to Third Parties’ Sites.
We may provide links to websites or resources outside of our Site for your informational purposes only. You acknowledge and agree we are not responsible for the availability of such sites or resources, and do not endorse and are not responsible or liable for any content, advertising, goods, services or other materials on, available through or provided by such sites or resources. We are not responsible for the privacy or other practices of such sites and cannot guarantee the security of any of your Personal Data that you provide or may be collected by such sites. We encourage you to review the privacy policies and terms and conditions on those linked sites.
Information of Children.
The Site is not directed to children as the products and services on this Site are intended for persons 18 years of age and older. The Company does not knowingly collect, use or disclose any Personal Data from children. If you are concerned about your child’s use of the Site, you may use web-filtering technology to supervise or limit access to the Site.
If you are a California resident, please read the following:
- California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits you to request information regarding the disclosure of your Personal Information by certain members of the Company to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. Requests may be made one time per calendar year. If applicable, this information would include the categories of customer information and the names and addresses of those businesses with which we shared customer information for the immediately prior calendar year (e.g., requests made in 2018 will receive information regarding 2017 sharing activities). You may submit your request using the contact information at the end of this Policy.
- If you are under the age of 18, and a registered user of any site where this policy is posted, California law permits you to request and obtain removal of content or information you have publicly posted. You may submit your request using the contact information at the end of this Policy. Please be aware that such a request does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information you have posted and that there may be circumstances in which the law does not require or allow removal even if requested.
Your Choices Regarding Your Personal Information.
You can always limit the Personal Information you provide to us, but if you choose not to provide certain requested information, you may be unable to access some of the services, offers, and content on the Site. You can also limit the communications that we may send you by sending an email to this address: email@example.com
Please note that even if you opt-out of promotional communications, we may still need to contact you with important information regarding your job application, if applicable.
How to Contact Us. If you have any questions regarding this Policy, your privacy, or our policies in the event of a compromise of your Personal Data, you may contact us at:
I.K Hofmann USA, Inc.
5607 Glenridge Drive
Atlanta, GA 30342